12.4.09

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen



This Lullaby
Raised by a mother who's had five husbands, eighteen-year-old Remy believes in short-term, no-commitment relationships until she meets Dexter, a rock band musician.

2 Stars - While this book isn't TERRIBLE, i found myself genuinely disliking the main character. I didn't dislike her because she was different from me - I can definitely deal with characters like that - but because she was generally warped and mean to the people around her. The book centers around Remy, a girl who got into Stanford and is not into committed relationships. I didn't like it. Maybe that's because I don't like books centered completely around romantic relationships in general, but it bugged me the way the relationship developed and the alcohol abuse and situations she stupidly puts herself into (believing she got into Stanford was difficult to believe, to say the least.) I wouldn't recommend this book. It's frustrating. And she's frustrating. Even the ending is frustrating.

Final Verdict : A Frustrating Beach Read





No comments:

Post a Comment