12.4.09

Double Helix by Nancy Werlin


Double Helix
Although Eli Samuels is barely out of high school, he's offered a job at prestigious Wyatt Transgenics by Dr. Quincy Wyatt, the legendary molecular biologist. The salary's amazing, the work is interesting, and Dr. Wyatt seems to be paying special attention to Eli. It's almost too good to be true. Is there a catch? Eli's girlfriend doesn't think so, but his father is vehemently against his taking the job and won't explain why. Eli knows that there's some connection between Dr. Wyatt and his parents - something too painful for his father to discuss. Something to do with his mother, who is now debilitated by Huntington's disease. As Eli works at the lab, and spends time with Dr. Wyatt, he begins to uncover some disconcerting information - about himself.

3 Stars- I liked this book just fine, though it wasn't memorable. I think the story is interesting and the mystery is well thought out. I think a different writer could have made this a page-turner for me. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I really don't have much to say about this book besides the fact that I picked it because I like molecular genetics and I thought it would be interesting. I thought it was worth the time, but I wouldn't read it again.

The Final Verdict : An Okay Myster-ay .... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment