27.11.09

The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury





The Martian Chronicles

The Martian Chronicles is a 1950 science fiction short story collection by Ray Bradbury that chronicles the colonization of Mars by humans fleeing from a troubled Earth, and the conflict between aboriginal Martians and the new colonists. The book lies somewhere between a short story collection and an episodic novel, containing stories Bradbury originally published in the late 1940s in science fiction magazines.

5 Stars - This is THAT book for me. It is the book that changed the way I see the world and makes me realize that its all worth it. Needless to say, Bradbury is a literary genius; his turn of phrase and wonderfully crafted short stories make this collection worth a read. I probably really enjoy it because there are a lot of allusions to other pieces of literature. If you aren't into symbolism, if you like having a central character to follow - still try reading it! I assure you, you won't regret it. My favorite book of all time.

The Final Verdict : Martian Masterpiece


No comments:

Post a Comment